Formed in 2005, Ray of Hope is Westmoreland County’s Suicide Awareness and Prevention Task Force. We are a collaboration of human service, educational, and government agencies committed to raising awareness and preventing suicide in our community.
Members are passionate about spreading hope through community awareness, providing accurate information, and support for survivors.
Mental Health America of Southwestern PA serves as the fiscal agent for Ray of Hope.
To reduce the stigma associated with mental illness and suicide and to increase awareness that suicide is a national public health problem for individuals across the lifespan.
What We Do
Ray of Hope works to raise awareness of suicide prevention throughout Westmoreland County, PA.
- Through our Speakers Bureau, we offer presentations on Suicide Awareness and Prevention, including QPR Training (Question, Persuade, Refer)
- Hold Annual Ray of Hope Walk
- Host Biennial Conference/Educational Seminars
- Support L.O.S.S. (Loved Ones Stolen by Suicide) Support Group
- Hold Quarterly Task Force Meetings
How You Can Help
You can help by joining the Ray of Hope Taskforce.
Simply Contact Us and make us aware of your interest. If you don't have the time to volunteer, you can still contribute to raising community awareness by Donating to our non-profit organization.